JAMS Tech LLC Terms and Conditions of Use
EFFECTIVE DATE: SEPTEMBER 8, 2021
JAMZ TECH, LLC TERMS & CONDITIONS
By purchasing from JAMZ Tech, LLC, you agree to be bound by all terms and conditions contained hereinbelow; furthermore, you represent, warrant, agree, and confirm the following:
COMPLIANCE WITH FEDERAL LAW
Multiple items on our website are subject to export controls set forth by Congress and may be illegal without the issuance of a valid license from the government.
The International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) is a set of rules which regulates various activities related to defense articles and defense services. Anyone in the U.S. who manufactures, exports, or temporarily imports defense articles, or provides defense services, must register with the Department of State’s Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC). Exports of defense articles, and furnishing defense services, require DDTC authorization, as do manufacturing abroad and arms brokering.
The defense services and defense articles regulated by the ITAR are identified on the U.S. Munitions List (USML), which includes a broad array of items which DDTC has determined provide a critical military or intelligence advantage. The USML itself consists of 21 distinct categories organized around broad platforms or groupings such as aircraft, ground vehicles and firearms. Each of these categories includes tangible items, software, technical data and defense services.
ITAR prohibits the export of a defense article to a foreign person without a license to do so.
Defense article means any item or technical data designated in §121.1 [United States Munitions List (USML)]. Technical data includes data stored in a physical form, including models, schematics, test results, etc. required for the development, production, or manufacture of defense articles.
Export Export means sending a defense article outside of the united states or transferring control of a defense article to a foreign person
A US Person means a person who is a lawful permanent resident, corporation, or business association that is incorporated in the US.
A Foreign Person any person or entity not a US Person
The export of ITAR-restricted items, parts, accessories, or commodities found on the JAMZ website must have the appropriate U.S. Government authorization. Violation of these regulations may constitute a federal crime and may result in civil penalties in excess of $1,000,000.00.
The related Export Administration Regulations (EAR) are enforced and interpreted by the Bureau of Industry and Security in the Commerce Department. The EAR regulations control the export of dual-use goods and goods that are not controlled by other regulations. The mission of the BIS is to advance U.S. national security, foreign policy, and economic objectives by ensuring an effective export control and treaty compliance system and promoting continued U.S. strategic technology leadership. Therefore, the export of certain products, such as NIJ IIIA armor is prohibited to certain countries, as set forth in the EAR regulations.
Other Federal Laws
It is a violation of United States Federal Law for a person convicted of a violent felony to purchase, own, or possess body armor. In addition, various states also have enacted legislation restricting the purchase, ownership, or possession of body armor by persons convicted of drug crimes, certain other felonies, or other violent crimes.
In order to comply with the above governmental restraints on the sale of products sold by JAMZ Tech, LLC, by purchasing body armor from JAMZ Tech, LLC you acknowledge and certify that:
- You have not been convicted of a felony.
- You are at least 18 years of age.
- The end user has not been convicted of any other crime that would restrict their ability to purchase, own, or possess any given product under any applicable Local, State, or Federal law ordinance or restriction.
- The end user will not use any body armor purchased from JAMZ Tech, LLC for any criminal purpose.
- The end user is over the age of 18 and is of legal age to possess the product purchased in state where the order is placed.
- The end user is purchasing the item(s) on his/her/its own behalf and not on behalf someone else in order to avoid complying with these Terms and Conditions.
- The end user understands that illegally purchasing, possessing, or using body armor or other items sold by JAMZ Tech, LLC may result in severe legal consequences, including incarceration. JAMZ Tech, LLC will fully cooperate with all criminal investigations relating to the sale of its products.
NO ONLINE SALES TO CONNECTICUT
Sec. 53a-217d of the Connecticut Penal Code prohibits any sale of bullet proof vests that are not transacted in person, except for law enforcement agencies.
WARRANTY AND RETURN POLICY
Body Armor is a critical component of your personal protective equipment and your reliance on it performing as rated every time it is worn is why JAMZ Tech Armor takes great care to ensure that it will. We take the quality of our products very seriously and we want every single customer to be 100% satisfied with not only the look and feel but most importantly its long-term performance. We also work closely with our research and development team to continuously improve on our already outstanding designs.
Product Warranty Duration
- All level IIIA+, III, III+ and IV armor plates: 5 years ballistic performance and 1- year exterior cover.
- All level II and IIIA Ares 1, 5 and 8 series helmets: 5 years ballistic performance and 1-year exterior cover.
- All level IIIA+ shields: 5 years ballistic performance and 1-year exterior cover.
- All level III and III+ shields: 5 years ballistic performance and 1-year exterior cover
- All level IV shields: 5 years ballistic performance and 1-year exterior cover
- JAMZ Tech, LLC warrants that their products will ordinarily perform to the appropriate US National Institute of Justice ballistic standard, as labeled and advertised, and that the product will be free from defects in materials and workmanship for the period of time noted above, from date of delivery, fair wear and tear excepted, provided that the product is undamaged and not misused.
- During this warranty period, the obligation of JAMZ Tech, LLC is limited to repairing or replacing the product, as company may elect, any part or parts, which after examination by company are determined to be defective, when they are delivered pre-paid. This limited warranty does not cover travel expense, the cost of specialized equipment for gaining access to the product, or labor charges for the removal and re-installation of the product.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to establish that the shield is suitable for its purposes, save that the company may provide detailed drawings and designs, which may be relied upon.
- Company shall not be liable for incidental or consequential damages, including but not limited to: Loss of Vehicle, Rental of Substitute Vehicle, Loss of Time, Loss of Work, Inconvenience, Transportation Expenses, Lodging, Loss of Revenue, Loss of and/or Damage to Personal Property for or arising out of breach of any express or implied warranty of its products, injury, or loss of life.
- Use of a product other than for recommended use causes this limited warranty to become void. Company will in no way be liable for any loss of profits or any indirect or consequential damages arising out of any such defect in material and workmanship whether loss is due to negligence or breach of warranty. This limited warranty does not apply to shipping damage, accident, alteration, tampering, misuse or abuse and unauthorized service.
- This limited warranty is expressly in lieu of all other express or implied warranties, including the implied warranty of merchantability and the implied warranty of fitness for a particular purpose, and of all other obligations or liabilities on the part of Company. There are no warranties, unless expressed in authorized Company literature, which extend beyond the description of the face hereof. No dealer, distributor, employee, or representative of the company is authorized to change this warranty in any way or to grant any other warranty.
- Except as provided in Paragraph 1(a) hereinabove, the company provides no representations, warranties, guarantees or undertakings to the customer, whether express, tacit or implied.
- The customer shall not be entitled to cancel any order as a result of a breach by the company of the warranty referred to in Paragraph 1(a) or to claim any damages from the company as a result thereof, and the company’s sole obligation shall be to repair or replace the product within a reasonable period of time after having been notified in writing of the breach of the warranty in question.
- Where the company is called out (or elects) to perform an on-site inspection resulting from an alleged breach of the warranty referred to in Paragraph 1(a), the customer shall be responsible for the cost of that call out in the event of it being established that the warranty was not so breached.
- Any claim against the company must be conveyed to the company in writing within 7 (seven) days of the event giving rise to the claim, failing which it shall be deemed to have been irrevocably extinguished for all purposes.
- In the case of short or improper delivery, the event giving rise to the claim shall be the date of delivery and in the case of non-delivery, the event giving rise to the claim shall be 3 (three) days after the date of the applicable invoice.
- In the event of failure, you must supply product for testing and determination of cause of failure
No armor is 100% bullet proof.
JAMZ Tech, LLC assumes no responsibility and bears no liability for any misuse of any product. Ballistic resistance ratings are limited to the conditions under which laboratory testing was conducted, including but not limited to, barrel length, shot distance, shot placement, temperature, powder, velocity, bullet mass, bullet composition, backing material etc.
- All plates, helmets and shields are sold with the understanding that NO products are 100% “bulletproof”, but rather, are bullet resistant. JAMZ Tech, LLC products may stop bullets or projectiles but still result in injury or death to the user due to impact, force, angle, mishap, defect or blunt force trauma.
- Force Majeure is in effect with regards to all purchases
- It is the SOLE responsibility of the purchaser to ensure that all transactions conform to U.S., Federal, State and Local Statutes, Codes and Ordinances.
- JAMZ Tech, LLC reserves the right to refuse to sell to anyone, in its sole discretion
- The end user understands that at some angles, it is possible for projectiles to slide or deflect off edges of our products or otherwise ricochet. Projectiles that are stopped by JAMZ Tech, LLC products can always potentially produce some level of injury for example: bruising, fractured (broken) bones, serious internal injury, bleeding or even death.
* You understand that it is your responsibility to give a copy of these terms and conditions upon transfer or resale by you to another party and that JAMZ Tech, LLC will not be held liable for any matters involving that sale.
The Terms & Conditions herein shall be interpreted under the laws of the State of Florida.
MODIFICATION OF PRICING TERMS
Prices for JAMZ Tech, LLC products are subject to change without notice. JAMZ Tech, LLC reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue any product without notice at any time.
All product lines on our site have been independently tested and conform to NIJ standards. NIJ Standard 0101.06 specifies five levels of ballistic performance for body armor. The first three levels – IIA, II and IIIA – are typically soft armors. The two remaining levels, III and IV, are typically hard armor designed to protect officers against rifle threats. The standard threat bullets associated with these five levels are listed below:
- Type IIA. 9mm FMJ RN; .40 Smith and Wesson (S&W) FMJ.
- Type II. 9mm FMJ RN; .357Magnum JSP.
- Type IIIA. .357 SIGFMJ FN; .44 Magnum SJHP.
- Type III. 7.62mm FMJ (M80) (Rifle).
- Type IV. .30 Cal AP (M2 AP) (Rifle).
The product you purchase will provide ballistic protection up to and including the ammunition and weapons outlined in official NIJ documentation, including weapons and ammunition listed at lower levels of protection. Your body armor can only protect against the threats outlined at its respective level and will not protect against any weapons or ammunition at a higher strength of caliber. The products offered by JAMZ Tech, LLC are guaranteed to meet the appropriate standards of testing and safety.